Today, I made my own banana bread for the first time from scratch without a box.
I was going to use a different recipe for my banana bread, however when I was about to make it, I realised I no longer had anymore eggs available in the fridge.
So I substituted an egg for a banana.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make and how tasty it really was.
My sister wants me to make another loaf, that’s how much she liked it.
2 1/2 cup Plain Flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
3/4 tablespoon Salt
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Milk
2 tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
3 mashed Bananas
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Pour the ingredients into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Instead of Plain Flour, Baking Powder and Salt, you can substitute these ingredients for Self Raising Flour. I didn’t have self raising flour on hand so I made my own.
- Oven cooking times can vary. Skewer test periodically your banana bread especially in the middle, if it comes out clean then it is cooked. If not, keep adding an extra 10 minutes in the oven until the skewer comes out clean.
Let me know your thoughts on this recipe.